- Military Civil Issues
- Sex Abuse
- Catastrophic Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Excessive Force
- University of Washington School of Law, Seattle, Washington
- J.D. – 2020
- The Order of Barristers
- Washington State University, Vancouver, Washington
- B.A. – 2017
- Major: Business Administration
- Summa cum laude
- With High Distinction
- University of Washington, Steve Calandrillo Contract Negotiation Competition Champion, 2020
- University of Washington, 1L Mock Trial Competition Champion, 2017
- Washington State University, National Collegiate Sales Competition Quarter Finalist, 2017
Michael is a spirted and resourceful attorney whose practice includes a wide array of civil litigation, particularly cases representing current and former military members and their families in employment (USERRA), complex personal injury, and military medical malpractice claims.
Prior to joining the firm, Michael was an active duty Combat Engineer (12B) in the US Army for almost nine years. After deploying to Iraq twice in 2006 and 2008, Michael medically retired from the military and began pursuing his education. He attended the Carson School of Business at Washington State University, graduating at the top of his class while competing on his school’s Sales Team at the National College Sales Competition where he placed 23rd out of 144 competitors.
After earning a business degree from Washington State University, Michael attended the University of Washington School of Law where he competed and won the University of Washington 1L Mock Trial Competition, and the University of Washington Steve Calandrillo Contract Negotiation Competition. He would go on to be selected to be a member of the school’s TYLA National Mock Trial Team, Moot Court Honor Board, and Technology Law Journal. Michael also served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Jill Johanson at the Washington State Court of Appeals, Division II.
In his free time, Michael enjoys going to his kids ball games, and spending time outdoors with his family.
- $8 million settlement for survivor of sexual abuse at assisted-living facility
- $6 million settlement with Kiwanis International for failing to protect children from sexual abuse at Kiwanis Vocational Home
- $4.25 million settlement in lawsuit against Issaquah School District for sexual abuse
- $1.3 million settlement for a client who suffered a traumatic brain injury after falling down basement stairs in a home that didn’t comply with building codes
- US Army , Staff Sergeant , 2004 to 2013