When Medical Care Becomes Injury By Malpractice
Medical malpractice is the cause of over a quarter of a million deaths in the United States each year.
Pfau Cochran Vertetis Amala PLLC represents people harmed through medical malpractice throughout Washington. Our attorneys have substantial experience investigating medical malpractice claims and pursuing such claims for our clients. Medical negligence claims require an understanding of complex medical issues. While many health care providers claim that “accidents happen,” or that medicine is “an art not a science,” their victims in negligence cases are often left with very real injuries and painful suffering. When medical errors cause serious injury or wrongful death, the victims are entitled to answers and to accountability from those who were responsible.
Medical negligence claims are among the most challenging cases to win. Our office has the experience and resources to quickly evaluate your case and determine if legal action should be taken on your behalf. Our background and access to leading medical experts ensure your matter will be carefully considered by expert physicians from leading medical facilities throughout the country.
Medical Malpractice Attorneys
Our attorneys have successfully obtained verdicts and settlements against doctors, nurses, hospitals, dentists, psychologists and other medical professionals. We have brought justice for our clients who had suffered because of:
- Birth injuries, including cerebral palsy, Erb’s palsy and other maladies caused by medical mistakes during prenatal care, labor, delivery and postnatal care
- Infections acquired during hospitalizations
- Diagnostic malpractice, including missed diagnosis and the repercussions of living with undiagnosed conditions that doctors could have identified, but did not in time to make a difference
- Surgical errors, including wrong-side surgeries, foreign objects left in the body, injuries to internal organs and other bad outcomes of surgery that should have been prevented
- Emergency room (ER) errors, including medication errors and failure to diagnose dangerous conditions in a timely manner
We also represent elderly and disabled people harmed in a variety of care-providing settings, including sexual abuse and other Injuries affecting residents of nursing homes and other long-term care facilities, elderly recipients of home care and elderly patients in hospitals.
As an injured victim or family member, you can count on our team to provide answers and understanding. We will get to the bottom of what happened to you or a loved one. All consultations and case reviews are with an experienced attorney and are free. To schedule a discussion with a lawyer at Pfau Cochran Vertetis Amala PLLC, call (206) 536-2850 or (253) 948-3199, or complete our online intake form.
Featured Medical Malpractice Case Result
Evans, Ruby & Latosha V. Seattle Children’s Hospital — $13,953,887 Jury Verdict
About The Case
After five weeks of trial, a King County jury awarded a 22-year-old woman nearly $14 million for a stroke she suffered during a procedure at Seattle Children’s Hospital. The jury found that employees of Children’s University Medical Group had negligently created and then failed to diagnose her stroke, which left her permanently disabled.