Patrick A. Brown
- Seattle University School of Law, Seattle, Washington
- J.D. - 2020
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Dean's List
- Central Washington University, Ellensburg, Washington
- B.A. - 2017
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Law & Justice
- King County Legal Scholar
- CALI Award in Legal Writing
- CALI Award in Contracts
- Fredric C. Tausend Moot Court Finalist
- Cheney/Metzger Legal Writing Finalist
- Washington, 2020
Patrick is passionate about his fight for justice for those who have been harmed by the actions of others. His practice area focuses on sexual abuse, government liability, wrongful death, catastrophic personal injury, elder abuse, and auto accidents.
Starting as a law clerk, and now as an Associate Attorney, Patrick has worked at PCVA since 2018, fighting hard for his clients to obtain a number of successful jury verdicts and settlements.
Patrick was born and raised in Germany and began his professional career in the medical field. In 2009, he moved to the United States, and after witnessing insurance injustice and the devastating trauma it caused his patients, he transitioned to the practice of law to fight for the voiceless.
Patrick graduated Summa Cum Laude from Central Washington University and Cum Laude from Seattle University School of Law. While in law school, he competed in mock trial, moot court, and legal writing competitions. He was a finalist in Seattle University School of Law’s annual Fredric C. Tausend Moot Court Competition and the Cheney Metzger Legal Writing Competition. He was honored twice as a King County Legal Scholar, and he was inducted into Alpha Sigma Nu’s Honor Society.
In his free time, Patrick spends time outdoors with his wife and three children. He also enjoys exercising, traveling, hiking, and snowboarding.
- Washington State Association for Justice , Member, Present
- Tacoma Pierce County Bar Association, Present
- Tacoma-Pierce County Young Lawyers, Member, Present
- Pierce County Minority Bar Association, Member, Present
- Palmer Scholar, Mentor, Present
- Darrell Cochran
- Thomas Vertetis
- Kevin Hastings
- Loren Cochran
- $4,000,000 jury verdict for a client who was severely injured in a train derailment
- $3,250,000 settlement with the State of Washington for a girl in foster care who was sexually abused
- $3,250,000 settlement with the State of Washington for failing to protect a girl from sexual abuse
- $300,000 settlement with the State of Washington for a boy who was sexually abused while placed at a State licensed group home
- $225,000 settlement with a skilled nursing facility for the death of a resident caused by nurses' negligent handling of lifesaving equipment
- $50,000 settlement for a client who was injured in a motor vehicle accident
- $45,000 settlement for a bicyclist who was hit by a car