- University of Washington School of Law, Seattle, Washington
- J.D. - 2009
- University of Puget Sound
- B.A. - 2003
- Major: French and International Affairs
- U.S. District Court Western District of Washington
As a child, Elizabeth learned firsthand the devastating impact of medical negligence when her uncle was paralyzed as a result of a physician's gross error. When the medical provider failed to accept responsibility, her uncle was forced to hire a medical malpractice attorney. The attorney demanded accountability from the physician and obtained justice for her uncle. The resulting settlement allowed her uncle to live an independent and meaningful life, with access to adapted vehicles and the modification of his home. Elizabeth was struck by how the plaintiff's attorney leveled the playing field for her uncle against the medical provider and his insurer.
More than twenty years after her uncle was paralyzed, Elizabeth is trying to level the playing field for her seriously injured clients. Since joining PCVA after law school, Elizabeth has dedicated her practice to helping people who, like her uncle, have suffered catastrophic damages at the hands of others.
While at PCVA, Elizabeth has been co-counsel in many important cases, including a $13.95 million medical malpractice jury verdict for a client who suffered a catastrophic stroke during an elective cardiac procedure, a $5.425 million settlement for a woman seriously injured after being struck by a motor vehicle, a $1.4 million medical negligence settlement in Eastern Washington, and a $3.4 million settlement for a brain-damaged toddler. Additionally, Elizabeth obtained a $300,000 verdict on behalf of a student diagnosed with autism who was aggressively harassed and bullied by fellow high school students, resulting in longstanding psychological trauma. While acting as lead counsel, she also won an important verdict against a hospital for negligently discharging a patient suffering mental illness who subsequently injured himself.
Elizabeth is a proud graduate of the University of Puget Sound with degrees in French and International Affairs. After working for several years, Elizabeth attended the University of Washington School of Law. In recent years, Elizabeth has served as President of Pierce County's chapter of Washington Women Lawyers and is a past co-chair of the Washington Association for Justice's "Women of WSAJ" group. She is also a member of the Honorable Robert J. Bryan Inn of Court in Tacoma. Elizabeth also volunteers for the University of Puget Sound by participating in Admissions events and the ASK Network, and has served as a volunteer judge for mock trials at local law schools.
- Washington State Association for Justice, Member
- Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association, Member
- King County Bar Association, Member
- Robert J. Bryan Inn of Court, Member
- Washington Women Lawyers, Vice-President, Annual Event
- Washington State Association for Justice, Eagle, Former Convention Chair
- Pierce County Washington Women Lawyers , Past President, Board Member
- Pierce County WWL Chapter Member of the Year, 2015
- University of Puget Sound, Alumni Council
- $13,953,887 verdict for 17-year-old who suffered stroke during procedure
- $5,425,000 auto accident settlement for a client struck by a motor vehicle in a crosswalk and suffered permanent serious injury
- $3,500,000 medical malpractice settlement for an 84 year old woman who suffered severe post-operative complications
- $1,500,000 class action settlement for over 900 restaurant workers wrongfully denied pay for overtime and missed meal and rest breaks, tip pool violations, and automatic service charge violations
- $1,300,000 personal injury settlement for client who suffered major burns of 30% of her body when she tripped carrying a large pot of hot oil
- $1,200,000 medical malpractice settlement for widower whose wife died of heart attack due to delayed diagnosis during admission to hospital
- $1,000,000 medical malpractice settlement for a client that suffered neurological deficits following a failure of a radiologist to diagnose an aneurysm
- $750,000 medical malpractice settlement for client who suffered partial permanent deficits following complication from neurosurgical procedure
- $300,000 sexual abuse jury verdict for a student with special needs who was sexually abused by fellow students at school
- $105,000 personal injury settlement for client who suffered facial injury in malfunctioning freezer door