- University of Washington School of Law, Seattle, Washington
- J.D. – 2019
- Mediation Clinic (2017-2018)
- Moot Court Negotiations Competitor
- Study Abroad Program – University of Roma Tre
- Seattle University School of Law, Seattle, Washington
- Presidential Law Scholarship Recipient
- Study Abroad Program – Universidad da Carlos III Madrid
- University of Washington, Seattle, Washington
- B.A. – 2016
- Dean’s List
Jeremiah Surface’s practice focuses on achieving justice and closure for victims of sexual abuse, families in wrongful death cases, and people suffering traumatic injuries. He joined PCVA because of the firm’s reputation for handling substantial cases and attaining remarkable client results.
Jeremiah’s early career was shaped by varied experiences with non-profits during his time at the University of Washington School of Law and the Seattle University School of Law. A pivotal moment came during his internship at the International Commission of Jurists in Nairobi, Kenya. There, he worked with Kenyan attorneys dedicated to civil rights advancement, demonstrating remarkable selflessness and bravery. Their commitment to societal improvement, often at personal cost, deeply inspired Jeremiah. Motivated by their passion for justice, he pursued a career that echoed these principles. Today, Jeremiah finds profound meaning in aiding individuals unjustly harmed by others, striving for systemic reforms to prevent future injustices.
Jeremiah consistently prioritizes meticulous preparation and strategic planning in every case, recognizing the challenges posed by adversaries determined to impede his efforts. Unfazed by these obstacles, he views each case as a chance to commit wholeheartedly to securing fair outcomes for his clients.
Jeremiah’s holistic, client-centered approach to victim advocacy is deeply rooted in empathy and a quest to understand the multifaceted impact of traumas on his clients’ lives and loved ones.
“The best advice I received was to engage with clients in their environments, to understand their lives beyond the incident or tragedy,” Jeremiah explains. “Recognizing clients’ multiple roles and understanding their trauma or injury’s full scope is essential for effective advocacy and comprehensive compensation.”
- King County Bar Association, New Lawyer Division
- Board of Trustees, Member
- Communications and Outreach Committee, Leader
- Community Involvement Committee, Member
- Washington State Association for Justice
- Court Rules Committee, Member
- Judicial Relations Committee, Member