- University of Iowa College of Law, Iowa City, Iowa
- J.D. with Distinction - 2018
- University of Evansville, Evansville, Illinois
- B.A. - 2014
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: History
- Donald P. Lay Award for Distinctive Contributions to the College of Law
- Washington, 2019
Bill McClure spent his formative years serving others in his community, as an Eagle Scout and lifeguard. But his inspiration to advocate for people facing significant life challenges didn’t come until after college graduation, when he completed a term of service with the Federal Way Public Schools AmeriCorps, working as a math tutor and mentor for struggling kids who were falling between the cracks. That experience led him to believe that the civil legal system could be used to help people in need. He began his legal career as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable Lisa Worswick at the Washington State Court of Appeals, Division II before joining PCVA as an associate attorney. Today, he is an integral part of what the firm does best—use civil law to help people overcome the difficulties of life-altering injuries.
Bill works primarily with the PCVA medical malpractice team, bringing cases against large hospital systems, doctors, and other corporate entities where evidence of medical negligence and failure to treat or diagnose are involved. He also assists on childhood sexual abuse cases and handles plaintiff personal injuries resulting from motor vehicle accidents and other catastrophic events. In addition to undertaking case research, writing, witness interviews, and depositions in medical malpractice cases, he supports the team in all aspects of settlement negotiations or trials.
During law school, Bill helped victims of domestic violence as a legal aid volunteer. He credits that public service experience with his ability to listen carefully, empathize with victims, and organize the facts that will hold up in court or at settlement. He digs deep into a case, prepared and ready for the unexpected and to think on his feet. His understanding and respect for the law runs deep, and he works diligently to fully interpret all the nuances of the law that will ultimately help the team win client cases.
In his time working directly with clients, Bill has acquired an acute appreciation for the often devastating physical, financial, mental, and emotional damage that serious injury inflicts. Understanding the burden gives him all the more motivation to work harder and push harder for an outcome that will meet all of the injured person’s needs—which, for some, can last a lifetime. Like all PCVA attorneys, Bill is willing to go the extra mile to get results for clients. He will work longer to find one more witness, take one more deposition, and be prepared for trial.
- Washington State Bar Association, Member, 2019 to Present
- Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association, Member, 2019 to Present
- Washington State Association for Justice, Eagle Member, 2020 to Present
- American Association for Justice, Member, 2021 to Present
- William T. McClure, When the Virtual and Real Worlds Collide: Beginning to Address the Clash Between Real Property Rights and Augmented Reality Location Based Technologies Through a Federal Do-Not-Locate Registry, 103 Iowa L. Rev. 331 (2017)
- William T. McClure & Thomas E. McClure, Rebalancing Bracker Forty Years Later, 9 Am. Indian L.J. (forthcoming May 2021)